Friday, August 13, 2010

The Traveling Honey B

Today I am flying out for a mini vacation to San Fransisco to visit my best friend. Since it's summer and everyone seems to be traveling, I thought tips on packing makeup would be helpful. If you're anything like me, you're probably tempted to take your whole stash, but realistically we all know that's not going to work!
Pack your must-haves, of course, like your skin care regime, makeup remover and other things you don't go a day without using (mascara, foundation, etc.) Everything else can get edited down to one or two of each item. I like bring with me a day time blush (NARS Gina) and a blush more appropriate for going out (Rock & Republic Kinky) and likewise for lipsticks and lipgloss. 
It's not nessacary to bring every eyeshadow pot you own, so edit down to two of your favorite small palettes (I like my MAC Noteriety quad and my Croc Lorac neutrals palettes) and one or two fun shades you think you might use at night. Try to avoid bringing a lot of single pots in the case that you may accidentally leave one behind. If you have a travel brush set, take it along! They are not always as good as your everyday brushes but the definitely serve the purpose. I love this bamboo Sonia Kashuk brush set, available at Target.

Safe travels, Honey bees!

2 comments: