If you're anything like me, black eyeliner is a must and coming across a really good eyeliner is like hitting the jackpot. I've been a long time fan of MAC's eye kohl in Feline, the smooth and creamy black eyeliner pencil. The only problem? It's a limited edition item and is far superior in quality when compared to its smudgey, messy permanent sister MAC's Smolder. It's been repromoted a few times and every time it is, I stock up. It was hard to find an eyeliner as black and creamy with that kind of staying power... UNTIL NOW. Enter Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion. First introduced as apart of Urban Decay's Anniversary Eyeliner Set, the folks over at UD decided to release it individually and introduce it as a PERMANENT item. I have never come across a blacker eyeliner than this! The surprising thing about this eyeliner is its staying power. As creamy as it is, I was expecting it to smear and smudge but as the day wore on, Perversion stood strong on my waterline! So how do the two eyeliners stack up?
- Pigmentation: Both eyeliners are as black as they come, but Perversion goes on a few shades darker. Winner: Perversion
- Price: Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils retail for about $19 while MAC's Eye Kohls go for about $15. Winner: Feline
- Staying Power: Feline gives a solid 4-5 hours of weartime on me, but tends to get smudgey as the hours pass. Perversion will give me around the same amount of weartime (4-5 hours) but stays put. Winner: Perversion.
- Availability: Though Feline is often repromoted, Perversion is permanent. Winner: Perversion.
- Packaging: Both designs are your basic black pencil, but MAC's .05 oz has a leg up on Urban Decay's .04 oz. Winner: Feline
Pictured above are comparison swatches of the two eyeliners. As my stats prove, Perversion has the edge in this Beauty Dupe Battle, winning with a solid 3/5 over MAC's Feline. Do you own either of these eyeliners? Leave your thoughts in the comments.