After losing my driver's license this last weekend, I enlisted a little help from the beauties over at Makeup Alley to compile a list of tips to get the best look in what is often your most unflattering photo (that you show ALL the time!). I guess I will know how well these tips worked out when I get my replacement! Here are a few tricks of the trade to get a glamorous-as-possible picture.
- Avoid makeup with SPF. The unnatural light of the flash can wash you out.
- Stick to mattes! This goes for eyeshadow, blushes, and foundation. Anything shimmery will reflect light and make you look too shiny and no one wants to look like the Tin Man in their ID picture.
- Wear a pretty and soft lip color. Try to avoid anything too bold or too trendy to keep from looking clownish.
- Keep your brows natural and soft.
- Define your eyes, and maybe more than you normally would. It won't look cartoon-ish in the photo.
- Think of something funny when you smile- it will create a genuine grin on your face!
Pictured below is my FOTD for my date with the DMV. I kept it really simple, using a dark brown eyeshadow from my Smashbox artist palette and MAC eyeliner in Feline. I used a matte peachy blush (Rock and Republic's Bedroom) and swiped on Makeup Forever's lipstick 32 with Chanel's Star glossimer on top.