Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Drugstore Spotlight: Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick #08

Let it be said that I love Kate Moss. The supermodel is as iconic to beauty as she is to fashion. When I heard the bombshell was not only just a pretty face for Rimmel London cosmetics, but releasing her own line of lipsticks for Rimmel, I was pumped! Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick #08 is a fantastic mauve pink hue. The texture is creamy and soft with no shimmer but a slight shine.  The lipsticks range from 15 shades, from dark deep violet to fuchsia to red, and retail at about $6 at your local drugstores. The packaging is a black bullet tube with Kate's cutesy signature sprawled on the top (complete with drawn on heart). I adore the finish of these lipsticks and #08 is such a universally flattering shade. It almost reminds me of MAC's Viva Glam V without the shimmer. I only wish there was a little more Kate in these lipsticks besides just her signature and face plastered onto the ads. It begs the question- what sets these Kate Moss Collection lipsticks apart from Rimmel London's already stellar lip products? Maybe I wish these lipsticks were a little more personal (perhaps the names of the shades, things like that). The availability of this product in the US is not easy to come by, but the full collection launched this January. The weartime on these lipsticks are above average considering the creaminess of its texture. I love my #08 lipstick, and would love to get my hands on more! Bottom line? I havent seen much of these in the states but pick up what you can get your hands on! Pictured below is my FOTD and swatch of Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick #08. Do you own a Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

13 comments:

  1. I don't own one YET :) I've been seeing them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have #14 and I love it! I passed on #08 when I saw it in stores a few weeks ago but placed an order on Ulta for it last week. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is so pretty on you. I'm pretty excited about the Kate Moss collection too. I love Kate and her colors should be fantastic.
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shade! I can see it suiting most people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color. its actually the only one I bought. I compliments darker skin tone well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I LOVE Kate Moss too. She seems to never age and has the best style. This color looks great on you, but then again you can wear any color it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty color!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh pretty! I have number 14 and I thought it was going to be a pretty pink nude, but for some reason it runs a little too brown on my skin tone =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog:) I read a long time:). I invite you to me and how she wanted you to invite you to follow;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have two the nude one is amazing I love the taste makes me want eat it t lol jk and super affordable 4.99 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the color..... and great blog you have.

    I am now following ya..
    I invite you to check out my blog. hope you visit

    blessings hun

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore Kate, she has always been my favorite quirky supermodel!! I can't wait to try that signature red :))

    ReplyDelete