Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dupe this Look: Taylor Momsen

I love vintage Jenny Humphrey. You know, back before she went a little too heavy on the Jack Skeleton eyeliner? Right at her turn from Gossip Girl princess to grunge queen, Taylor Momsen walked the fine line between edgy punk and stylish. The look (picture left) was a gorgeous combo of a smokey eye and bold lip. Nothing too drastic, just enough to look tough and glam at the same time. To interpret this punk rock look, I started with a golden smokey eye using MAC's Carbon in both corners of my eye and Antiqued in the middle of the lid and blended duochrome Club in the crease. I didn't skimp on the black eyeliner and false lashes either. I contoured my cheek with MAC's Billionaire Bronze stick and topped off with Rock & Republic Seduce blush on the apples of my cheek. While Taylor is actually wearing NARS Schiap lipstick in the photo, I opted for a more subtle pink since my eyes were heavier than hers. I slapped on MAC's Spitfire lipstick and Athena's Kiss lipglass. Pictured below is my best impression of a not quite grunged out Taylor Momsen. 


11 comments:

  1. U always look great with smokey eyes and the bold lip! To be honest your makeup looks way better than hers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that lip look....Taylor Momsen looks so much better w/ less makeup...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you recreated it PERFECT. the eyes are soo cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. So effin gorgeous...this is a great look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lipstick on you! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the lipstick! you look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great on you! Love the bold lip :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great dupe! you recreated it perfectly. I think you look a whole lot better than she does! not only are you more gorgeous, but the colours suit you better too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the taylor momsen look looks more glamorous on you rather than hardcore. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look u re-created! Great job!

    ReplyDelete